- Home / Albert Bichot Domaine Du Pavillon Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Chardonnay 2017
Albert Bichot Domaine Du Pavillon Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Chardonnay 2017
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
Of infinite delicateness, the bouquet expresses buttery notes, aromas of baked apple, citrus fruit, pineapple, linden blossom, juniper, cinnamon and flint. Hints of honey are also frequent. The concentration, distinction and balance of this Chardonnay are pleasantly surprising. The finish is complex and intense.
From the very upper reaches of the Loire River, come the delicious, yet mostly unknown, red wines of the Cote Roannaise. Once a major supplier of wine to Paris and the Royal Court, the wine-producing region has shrunk to a mere 250 acres producing 55,000 cases of wine a year. The Gamay grape flourishes on these steep, granite slopes. Many of the vineyards are terraced and the best sites have a southeastern exposure, with all harvesting done by hand. Beaujolais is just under 50 miles away, but a more different expression of the Gamay grape could not be found. Part of this difference is surely due to the fact that a different clone is used, the Gamay Romain, as well as the fact that the vinification is more traditional and less manipulated than at its famous neighbor.After many years at the helm, Maurice Lutz sold the property to his assistant of 15 years, Eric Villeneuve, in 2007. The wines are still rich and flavorful with that hint of damp earth and truffles that the best French country wines exhibit. These hand-crafted wines are created from 7 hectares of vineyards with a granite and sand sub-soil and excellent draining characteristics. The southeast exposition favors the vine and grape maturity. The average age of the vines is 55 years. The viticulture is lutte raisonne9e with low yields and the space between the vine rows is plowed to aerate and allow grass to grow between the rows. The grapes are manually harvested.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.