- Home / Alipus San Baltazar Guelavila Mezcal
Alipus San Baltazar Guelavila Mezcal
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
Fermented in oak vats & distilled by Don Joel Cruz from non-irrigated agave Espadedn grown in sunny mountaintop plantings in ferriferous soil at 4600 feet. Fruity, rich, smokey, pleasantly sweet.
Alipus was started by Los Danzantes to provide a market for family artisan distilleries. There are still hundreds of small mezcal distilleries in Oaxaca, and a number of them make fabulous product. Hector Vasquez and later Karina Abad Rojas have worked closely with selected small producers, both to improve their distillation methods and to help them with the complex paperwork required to certify their mezcals for export.The intent was to provide small distilleries with a wider market so that they could stay in business, and it has worked: Alipus producers have been able to add stills and - this is wonderful - to bring their children back from the USA because there is now enough work for them - as distillers! - at home.Alipus is now Mexico's #1 artisan mezcal. Craft Distillers started importing the Alipus mezcals in 2012. Both Los Danzantes and Craft Distillers take lower than normal markups so that these distillers can be better paid and so that all of us can enjoy it for years to come.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.