- Home / Castello Di Volpaia Chianti Classico DOCG Sangiovese Blend 2019
Castello Di Volpaia Chianti Classico DOCG Sangiovese Blend 2019
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
The Chianti Classico has a vivid ruby color and a strong nose of fresh red fruit with hints of cherry. This is a well-structured wine with a fruity finish.
Castello di Volpaia overlooks the village of Radda in Chianti. The town was built in the 11th century as a fortified village on the border of Florence and Sienna. Although only part of the original protective walls and two of its six towers are still standing, the medieval layout and buildings within the village are still intact, making Volpaia one of the best preserved villages of its period.Just as it has been for the last 900 years, the entire village is intimately involved in the production of wine and olive oil. The cellars, bottling plant, barrels and olive press are nestled within the original stone walls that have been carefully restored by owners Carlo Mascheroni and Giovanella Stianti Mascheroni and their children, Nicolo and Federica. The nearly 114 acres of vineyards owned by Castello di Volpaia are at 1,300-2,130 feet above sea level, making Volpaia the highest winery in the Chianti region. The land is comprised of soils consisting largely of sandstone and a sedimentary rock from the Pliocene era. Volpaia is certified organic and biodynamic in all of its vineyards.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.