- Home / Chateau Blaignan Medoc Red Bordeaux Blend 2016
Chateau Blaignan Medoc Red Bordeaux Blend 2016
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Ruby dark color. Fresh, soft, and sweet ripe nose of black currant followedby spicy notes of white pepper, fresh tobacco and cedar. This medium bodied wine shows elegant tannins.
Che2teau Blaignan is a fine estate of 97 hectares (240 acres) in the northern part of the Me9doc. There have been vineyards here since the 14th century.There was nothing left of the ancient fortress (seat of the Lords of Blaignan in the Middle-Ages, which gave its name both to the land and to the noble family who owned the manor), except for a few ruins next to the church in the old village of Blaignan.Pierre Merman, a protestant from a Dutch family that settled in Bordeaux in the 17th century, acquired the estate just after the Revolution. His family and, more particularly, his daughter, Jeanne Marie Reine Peychaud, assisted by her husband Charles, turned "Taffard-Blaignan" into a model estate. They extended the property considerably, repaired the buildings and built a country mansion of the type known locally as a "chartreuse".The wine reached the envied rank of Cru Bourgeois in 1932, under the name "Che2teau Taffard de Blaignan".In 2004, CA Grands Crus, a subsidiary of the Groupe Cre9dit Agricole, acquired Che2teau Blaignan. An improvement plan was put together for the entire estate. It is supervised today by Anne Le Naour, the Technical Director, Jean-Jacques Lapeyre, the Estate Director and the consultant oenologist, Hubert de Boue4rd.The company CA Grands Crus, a fully-owned subsidiary of the Groupe Cre9dit Agricole, became, in 2004, the owner of prestigious Bordeaux estates: Che2teau de Rayne Vigneau, 1er Grand Cru Classe9 Sauternes, Che2teau Grand-Puy Ducasse, 5e8me Grand Cru Classe9 Pauillac, Che2teau Meyney, Saint-Este8phe, Che2teau Blaignan, Cru Bourgeois Me9doc.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.