- Home / Chateau Recougne Bordeaux Superieur Red Bordeaux Blend 2018
Chateau Recougne Bordeaux Superieur Red Bordeaux Blend 2018
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
A pleasant fruity nose, a deep and powerful structure and round, velvety tannins make for a very elegant, rich and complex bottle of wine. These qualities appreciated in Bordeaux wines offer this wine great ageing potential, as demonstrated by the 1952 vintages, which keep all their freshness.
Robert Parker at one time called Recougne the finest Bordeaux Superieur. It is an estate that has produced wine for over 400 years, and its name is said to have come from King Henri IV in the early 17th century, in "recognition" of the quality of its wine. The vineyard surrounds the Chateau and the winemaking facilities, and was classified under the Fronsac Appellation, which it straddles, many years ago. Merlot is best suited to the terroir and is the majority planting (75%), complemented by both Cabernet Sauvignon (15%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). Factors that contribute to the quality of the vineyard include: several parcels of very old vines of 50+ years, environmentally friendly viticultural techniques, minimal spraying, low yields through green harvesting, and excellent canopy management.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.