- Home / Columbia Winery Washington State Merlot
Columbia Winery Washington State Merlot
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
olumbia Winery Merlot opens with a dark color that has a distinct purple edge. Enticing aromas of cherry and plum with a hint of violet float from the glass and continue to the palate, where they are joined by pronounced notes of toasty oak, vanilla and hints of mocha. Rich and plush in the mouth, this Merlot has firm tannins and a lingering finish.
For more than 50 years, Columbia Winery has taken a progressive approach to winemaking. Our winery was founded in 1962 by a visionary group of 10 friends, six of whom were University of Washington professors, who realized the potential of growing wine in Washington State, as it has the same latitude as Europe's best winegrowing regions.In 1979, Master of Wine David Lake was named head winemaker and furthered the progressive spirit that began with their founders. Under Lake, Columbia Winery produced the first series of vineyard-designate wines and the first Pinot Gris, Syrah and Cabernet Franc wines in Washington.Today, this innovation continues through a talented and creative winemaking team, led by Winemaker Sean Hails. Using grapes selected from south-facing slopes in top quality regions, the Columbia winemaking team crafts a portfolio of distinct, food-friendly wines with fruit-driven flavors and a firm acidity.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.