- Home / Coppersea Raw Rye Unaged Whiskey
Coppersea Raw Rye Unaged Whiskey
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Made from a mash bill of unmalted rye (75%) and malted rye (25%). An unaged whiskey with notes of honey, cucumber, black and white pepper and creamy malted grain followed by sweet floral notes. Smooth and complex when served straight, the spirit's vegetal quality provides a distinctive yet versatile base for mixing cocktails.
Established in 2011, Coppersea Distilling is located in West Park, on a 70 acre farm in New York's Hudson Valley. Coppersea is a craft distillery producing ultra-premium whiskies and eaux-de-vie in a sustainable way, including the use of on-site well water and locally sourced grains and fruits, mashing in American made wood fermentation tanks, and distilling in direct-fired alembic copper pot stills. Angus MacDonald, co-founder and master distiller is joined by Christopher Williams, distillery manager and Michael Kinstlick, CEO.Coppersea is one of only four distilleries in the United States with its own floor malting space. Here the staff spreads a layer of fresh, moistened grain across the floor and allows it to sprout for about five days, a process that converts the starches to sugars and enzymes needed to feed the yeast. Fermentation is carried out in two 500-gallon mash tubs, one holding corn mash, the other rye mash, after which the mash travels down to the stills via gravity. Distillation occurs in hand-hammered alembic copper stills that sit inside a custom built still oven.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.