- Home / Croft Distinction Port
Croft Distinction Port
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
The fruit for Croft Distinction is sourced in the traditional way, from the highest-quality individual growers in the Douro Valley, where the varying altitude and aspect of the vineyards creates the potential for a complex wine of great character. In the winery, the newly developed, robotic "Port Toes" technology for treading allows the winery to maximize the quality of the fruit by imitating the traditional action of human feet and avoiding damage to the bitter grape seeds. Fermentation is halted by the addition of grape spirits before all the residual sugar has been fermented, creating a sweet, fortified wine. This vintage-character Porto is blended from wines aged for three to four years in neutral oak barrels to achieve greater complexity than in younger wines.TASTING NOTEThis deep ruby-colored wine offers ripe, jammy aromas of raisins and black plums leading to youthful black fruit flavors on the palate. The wine is sweet and full-bodied with medium tannins. Well structured and balanced, it has excellent length.FOOD PAIRINGCan be enjoyed on its own after a meal, or paired with fruit-based desserts or a rich cheese plate. Made to be enjoyed immediately.
The merchant company that we know today as Croft was founded in 1588, during Elizabeth I's reign, by Henry Thompson of York, England. Today, Croft is a part of the Fladgate Partnership, three of the most historic and highly regarded Porto houses, including Taylor Fladgate, Fonseca and Croft-a family-owned company that sets the standard to which other Port houses aspire.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.