- Home / Crown Point Relevant Happy Canyon Red Blend 2019
Crown Point Relevant Happy Canyon Red Blend 2019
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
VINTAGE NOTES2019 was a fascinating vintage at Crown Point. We experienced a mild, wet winter with 21 inches of rain, above the Santa Barbara County average. A cold month of May delayed flowering and, ultimately, harvest. However, a warmer summer followed with one day above 100 degrees in June, three in July, two in August, and five in September, accelerating ripening and providing an attractive sweetness to the wine. October offered a respite for the vines and extended hangtime with temperatures consistently in the 80s. While the September heatwave marks the vintage, the cooler weather allowed the vines to recover and gracefully adapt.WINEMAKER NOTESThe 2019 Relevant is an inspiring introduction to Crown Point. It aptly mirrors the attributes of the 2019 vintage - dark fruit, balanced, smooth structure, trademark Mediterranean spice - finishing with length and tension. The after palate is tremendously pleasurable, bringing notes of violets and rhubarb. Fermented in a mix of oak, concrete, and stainless fermenters, the wines were barreled down after fermentation in 33% new French oak and 67% once used. After 18 months in barrel, the wines were blended, unfined, and unfiltered. Marked by an elegant richness, you may enjoy this wine now or for another 20+ years.
Highly Allocated Estate Wines from the Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.