- Home / El Coto Rioja 50th Anniversary Reserva Tempranillo
El Coto Rioja 50th Anniversary Reserva Tempranillo
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
El Coto de Rioja, located in Oyf3n, was founded in 1970 by a group of winemakers committed to creating a new type of Rioja. Its first bottling was released in 1975. Today, El Coto is the leading brand in Spain and among the top-selling Spanish wines in Europe.Five-hundred hectares of estate vineyards are located in La Rioja Alta's village of Cenicero, near the east bank of the Najerilla River, a tributary of the Ebro. Facing northwest, vineyard soils are mostly ferric clay, sand and limestone, which contribute structure, power and elegant minerality, respectively, to the wines. The recently incorporated Los Almendros estate, shared with Barf3n de Ley, adds an additional 300 hectares of vineyards to the impressive estate holdings. Additional grapes are sourced from 2,000 hectares in Rioja Alavesa. Here, limestone, clay and stony soils make aromatic, expressive wines with great finesse.With the exception of "Coto Real" Reserva and "Coto de Imaz" Gran Reserva, all reds are aged in new American oak barrels, the classic Rioja marriage of wine and wood. Their seductive cigar box, spice and herbal aromas and silky red fruit flavors are the essence of fine traditional Rioja.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.