- Home / El Jolgorio Barril Mezcal
El Jolgorio Barril Mezcal
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
It grows a long stalk, resembling a tree and creates a mezcal of great complexity, balancing sweetness and citrus.
Traditional, artisanal mezcal forms an important part of rituals, ceremonies and festivities - known as "Jolgorios" - in villages in our native homeland of Oaxaca, Me9xico. Nine unique El Jolgorio Mezcals are made exclusively from different species and varieties of wild-harvested agave by Master Distillers in local indigenous Zapotec villages in Oaxaca, and are twice distilled in copper pot stills. On every bottle is inscribed the species of agave, the age at harvest, the village of production, the name of the Master Distiller, and the batch and lot number so as to truly connect the drinker with the land, people, and plants at the heart and soul of our mezcal. Salud y Dixeebe!In Mexico, there are around fifty different species of agave used for mezcal production, each yeilding a mezcal with its own distinct character. In 2010, the Corte9s family begain buiding a collective of top mezcal distillers from around Oaxaca, with the goal of sharing the true culture and spirit of mezcal with the world. In all, El Jolgorio represents sixteen different families, working in ten different regions of Oaxaca, Mexico, each with its own special story. Every bottle is hand-marked with the specific details of each batch, to truly connect the drinker with the family behind the expression.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.