- Home / Feudo Maccari Sicily Re Noto Rosato Nero d'Avola 2018
Feudo Maccari Sicily Re Noto Rosato Nero d'Avola 2018
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Nero d'Avola vines are 25-30 years old, planted with a southern exposure at 80 meters above sea level. Yields are 6.6 tons/acre, to encourage aromatic depth and flavor complexity. In the spring, the vines are pruned to one bud per plant, and in June/July, a green harvest eliminates lesser grapes. Twenty days prior to harvest, there's an additional cluster thinning, or a selection of the best grapes in the bunch. To develop superior aromas and texture, the wine is aged in steel tanks rather than oak to retain the grape's fresh, crisp and fruity characters.TASTING NOTECherry colored wine with an explosion of floral and fruit scents of ripe pears and cherries. Fresh and juicy on the palate, tasty with light tannins.FOOD PAIRINGOutstanding with fish dishes enriched with Mediterranean spices and herbs. Intriguing with pizza.
Just over a mile from the sea on the southern tip of the island of Sicily, Antonio Moretti, owner of Tenuta Sette Ponti and Poggio al Lupo in Tuscany, established Feudo Maccari in 2000. This 250-acre estate was assembled from numerous owners and more than 50 separate plots on the southerly hillsides near the town of Noto. Vines existed in some parcels, and others were planted to the native Nero d'Avola and other selected red grape varieties.Cultivation and winemaking follow the demands of the harsh climate and the pursuit of quality. Yields are restricted, and the fruit is treated gently and given the temperature-controlled fermentation that results in the finest-quality Sicilian wines.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.