- Home / Feudo Maccari Sicily Rose Di Nero D'Avola 2019
Feudo Maccari Sicily Rose Di Nero D'Avola 2019
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Alberello trained (bush trained) vines are 12-34 years old, and have been planted with a southern exposure at 250 feet elevation, about one mile from the sea. Grape yields are low (about 2.5 tons/acre) to encourage concentration and complexity in the wine. In the spring, the vines are pruned to one bud per plant, and in June/July, a green harvest is performed to eliminate lesser grapes. Twenty days prior to harvest, the vines go through an additional cluster thinning, or a selection of the best grapes in the bunch.TASTING NOTEWith a dark red ruby color, this wine shows expressive red berry aromas with herbal and fruity notes. On the palate, the flavors are structured and given balance by bright, cleansing acidity, a characteristic of Nero d'Avola grown in this area.FOOD PAIRINGThis wine pairs well with grilled red meats and BBQ.
Just over a mile from the sea on the southern tip of the island of Sicily, Antonio Moretti, owner of Tenuta Sette Ponti and Poggio al Lupo in Tuscany, established Feudo Maccari in 2000. This 250-acre estate was assembled from numerous owners and more than 50 separate plots on the southerly hillsides near the town of Noto. Vines existed in some parcels, and others were planted to the native Nero d'Avola and other selected red grape varieties.Cultivation and winemaking follow the demands of the harsh climate and the pursuit of quality. Yields are restricted, and the fruit is treated gently and given the temperature-controlled fermentation that results in the finest-quality Sicilian wines.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.