- Home / Fontana Candida Lazio Frascati White Blend
Fontana Candida Lazio Frascati White Blend
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Pale straw in color. Delicate fragrance of wild flowers and golden delicious apples. The wine is dry, soft and fruit forward, with a lively taste that offers notes of peach and almonds.
Throughout the world, Fontana Candida is synonymous with Frascati. This ancient wine, born in the Roman hills, has deservedly been called "the wine of popes and of the people." While the popes drank Frascati daily, the people would only drink it on important Vatican occasions. It is said that during the papal elections of Innocent X (Giambattista Pamphili in 1644) and of Clement X (Emilioi Altieri in 1670), Frascati spouted from the fountains, the marble nostrils of Marcus Aurelius's horse and the lions of the Capitol to the delight and amusement of the people. Citizens rushed out with bottles and cups to capture the wine and enjoy it fully.In addition to our popular Frascati Superiore, our U.S. portfolio consists of Pinot Grigio from the Veneto region and Orvieto Classico from the Umbria region. Fontana Candida was founded in 1958 and is headquartered in Monteporzio Catone, Rome. We are the leading producer of Frascati in Italy and produce 8 million bottles of wine per year, of which 6.5 million is exported.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.