- Home / Francis Tannahill Willamette Valley The Hermit Pinot Noir 2016
Francis Tannahill Willamette Valley The Hermit Pinot Noir 2016
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
When first poured primary aromas of Bing and black cherries, blueberries, violets, cinnamon, blackberries and wild strawberries jump from the glass. As the wine sits in the glass, classic Dundee Hills Pinot Noir, aromas of damp earth, eastern spices, tobacco and baking spices deepen and add complexity to the nose. It takes a bit to open but the attack finally bursts open with rich flavors of red and blue fruits. As the wine continues across the palate, serious tannins combined with mouthwatering acidity gives this wine a powerful foundation that the rest of the wine is built on. On the mid-palate, the wine takes off and becomes very complex with spice and mineral flavors joining with the boisterous fruit.
Francis Tannahill was founded in 2001 by Cheryl Francis and Sam Tannahill. Cheryl and Sam, along with Deb Hatcher and Bill Hatcher founded A to Z Wineworks together in 2002, subsequently purchasing the legacy winery REX HILL in 2007. In addition to assisting with winemaking for A to Z and the now-boutique REX HILL wines, they continue to make a select few Francis Tannahill wines each year. Their sole Pinot Noir offering, The Hermit, is an expression of the couples' own 5-acre vineyard in the Dundee Hills. This vineyard, called Pearl, sits on volcanic Jory soil and is Demeter-certified Biodynamic.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.