- Home / Langlois-Chateau Sancerre de Fontaine-Audon Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Langlois-Chateau Sancerre de Fontaine-Audon Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Very expressive nose of ripe fruits with exotic fruits like mango. On the palate, very good balanced and mineral wine. Nice acidity bringing freshness.
Founded in 1885 by Edouard Langlois and Jeanne Chateau (hence the name), Langlois-Chateau has a rich history as one of the leading producers in the Loire Valley. In 1973, the Bollinger family invested in Langlois, significantly revitalizing the vineyards and modernizing the cellar. Bollinger was naturally attracted by Langlois' Cre9mant de Loire production, but the estate has become a leading quality producer in Sancerre, Saumur and other areas. Langlois-Chateau owns and manages 175 acres of the best AOC vineyards in the Loire Valley. For their Cre9mants they have an intensely terroir-focused approach of drawing the best characteristics from 6 distinct vineyard areas and soil types in order to create complex and refined wines. The crown jewel of their Sancerre holdings is at Che2teau de Fontaine-Audon, from which they produce a single-vineyard Sancerre of the same name. Langlois maintains a sustainable approach to vineyard management and holds the "Terra Vitis" certification. 62% of the estate's production is devoted to Cre9mant. These sparkling wines are treated far beyond category standards and at the level of only the very top Champagne producers. Grapes are hand harvested in small bins, pressed gently, aging is at least 36 months (versus 12 month minimum), and reserve wines are incorporated. The still Sancerre whites from Langlois are equally notable and are benchmarks for the appellation, with brightness, intensity, depth and minerality.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.