- Home / Loch Lomond The Open Special Edition Scotch Whiskey
Loch Lomond The Open Special Edition Scotch Whiskey
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
A complex single malt, it delivers vibrant fruity notes of peach and pear which are enhanced by using specially selected spirit distilled from wine yeast fermentations. Creamy vanilla oak and maple syrup provide a sweet backdrop before subtle peat smoke comes to the fore to create a balanced finish.
The first site of the former Loch Lomond Distillery dates back to 1814, sited at the north end of Loch Lomond near Tarbet (known as Tarbat). Sadly in the old days relatively few paper records were kept and the closing date of this Distillery remains unclear.Loch Lomond Distillery was commissioned by the Littlemill Distilling Company in 1965 with first distillation in 1966. In 1984, the distillery closed - or fell silent, to use the traditional term. Happily though, Alexander Bulloch and the Glen Catrine company acquired the business and resumed malt production in 1987. Grain whisky production began in 1993 and two new malt stills were added in 1999.At the time the Grain distillery opened in 1994, it was the only distillery in Scotland producing both Grain and Malt whisky. It also operates a unique set-up of three sets of stills.Our distillery has the ability and self sufficiency to produce Special Edition Whisky including, Single Grain Whisky and Deluxe Blends.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.