- Home / Tishbi (RW) Vineyards Merlot
Tishbi (RW) Vineyards Merlot
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
Displaying abundant blackcurrant and strawberry notes, alongside a spicy and herbaceous bouquet. Due to its balanced round character, this wine is very easy drinking.
In 1882, Michael and Malka Chamiletzki first set foot upon the land of Zichron Yaacov, after emigrating from Lithuania. He was chosen by Baron Edmund de Rothschild to plant and develop vineyards in the area. The family settled in nearby Shefeya, which is today surrounded by numerous vineyards, and began to cultivate the earth. And thus began the close and harmonious bond between the family and the earth and vineyards they planted and nurtured. In 1925, the family hosted the famous poet, Chaim Nachman Bialik. In honor of their warm hospitality, the poet proposed a new, Hebrew family name: "Tishbi" - an acronym standing for "a resident of Shefeya in Israel".Like his parents before him, my father, Yisrael his wife Mina Tishbi, also spent their entire lives growing and caring for their vineyards and olive trees, as well as making and selling cheeses and dairy products, made from the milk of their own cows. At the beginning of the 80s, the wine industry underwent a severe crisis and the price of grapes dropped drastically. As a result of the crisis, I decided to open a small winery of my own. At first, the winery was named "Baron Wine cellars", after the Baron de Rothschild, and was later changed to "Tishbi".
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.