- Home / Villa Matilde Greco Di Tufo Greco 2019
Villa Matilde Greco Di Tufo Greco 2019
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
From the straw yellow color, this Greco di Tufo offers a rich bouquet of ripe fruits, from white peach to apricot, sweet almond that meld with exquisitely mineral and citrus notes. On the palate, the vigorous taste is rich, complex and fresh at the same time, completing a wine of great personality.
The history of Villa Matilde began in the 1960s, when Francesco Paolo Avallone, a lawyer with a passion for ancient wines and an abiding interest in the "vinum Falernum" described in the accounts of Pliny and in the poetry of Virgil, Martial, and Horace, decided to bring that legendary wine back to life. It had disappeared in the early 20th century. After years of study, Francesco discovered the grape varieties that had produced Falernum in Roman times. He then re-planted the handful of vines that had miraculously survived devastation by phylloxera in the late 19th century, right in the Monte Massico area where they had flourished in ancient times, and he then founded Villa Matilde."Wine is a work of art for us: Our wines create emotions and are the result of agricultural work and noninvasive wine making. As wine producers we draw on the natural resources, we emphasize grape varieties and terroir. This way we become, together with our wines, part of the environmental, geological and climatic context."- Francesco Paolo Avallone, Founder
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.