- Home / Wayfarer Fort Ross Seaview Wayfarer Vineyard Chardonnay 2019
Wayfarer Fort Ross Seaview Wayfarer Vineyard Chardonnay 2019
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
This pale yellow Chardonnay offers delightful floral aromas of honeysuckle, daphne, and orange blossom, with hints of pastry and Jordan almonds. The palate exhibits hints of citrus and stone fruit, orange marmalade, and touches of toasted almond and caramel. Crisp acidity balances the fruit of this complex, focused wine over a bright finish.
Wayfarer vineyard is extraordinary and unforgiving: 30 undulating acres hidden among winding mountain roads and redwoods, swathing a ridge on the northwestern reach of the Sonoma Coast. This remote landscape is the provenance of wildly beautiful wines born of risk, rigor and mastery - small-lot Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Pacific's most dramatic appellation. Wayfarer was founded as a secluded farmstead more than 40 years ago, before its locale was defined as the now coveted Fort Ross-Seaview AVA. In 1998, Jayson Pahlmeyer's winemaker, Helen Turley, discovered the site for sale down the road from her Marcassin vineyard. She introduced it to Pahlmeyer, declaring it destined to become "the La Tache of California." Standing on the sandy Goldridge soils, inhaling the cool sea air, bathing in the generous sunshine, he, too, was captivated by the possibilities of this rustic, luminous place far from everything. In tandem with his daughter Cleo and renowned winemaker Bibiana Gonze1lez Rave, Pahlmeyer drives to make intricate wines of transcendence, answering to a powerful, ever-unpredictable climate that rewards only the most observant and meticulous. It is an endeavor of true passion, an experiment that pushes the exactitude of winegrowing and winemaking to the farthest limits.We invite you to discover Wayfarer, the culmination of a far-reaching journey
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.