- Home / AleSmith Nut Brown Ale
AleSmith Nut Brown Ale
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
Nut Brown Ale has been through several incarnations since its inception. Co-founders Ted and Skip first brewed the beer as a mild ale (lower-strength brown ale) to represent Q.U.A.F.F. (a local homebrew club) at the Southern California Homebrewers’ Festival in 1995. The beer was popular and well-liked so we adjusted the recipe to increase its body and strength. It was initially released as a seasonal brew named Brownie in the early spring of 1997. A year later, after several requests to brew it again, we made further recipe refinements, designed a new label, and renamed the beer Nut Brown Ale. It continues to gain popularity and win awards. Appearance: Deep brown but still translucent with a rich, chestnut to ruby hue. Its brilliant clarity and fine white foam make it almost as appealing to view as to drink. Flavor: Rich malty flavor balanced by a slight dryness provided by chocolate malt. The hops are subdued but present enough to keep the beer from being too sweet. Aroma: Clean, fresh malt aroma heightened by the nutty scent of the chocolate malt and fruit aromas from the hops and fermentation. Mouthfeel (body/texture): Smooth and lush yet dry.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.