- Home / Cantillon Classic Gueuze (cellar aged for 6 months) 12.7oz & Boulevard Love Child No 6 750ml 2pack
Cantillon Classic Gueuze (cellar aged for 6 months) 12.7oz & Boulevard Love Child No 6 750ml 2pack
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
- Shipping Information
This 2pack includes 1 bottle of Cantillon Classic Gueuze (cellar aged for 6 months) 12.7oz and 1 bottle of Boulevard Love Child No 6 750ml 2pack
Cantillon Gueuze is the quintessential Belgian beer – a perfect blend
of one, two, and three year-old lambics. Tart and slightly acidic,
Cantillon Gueuze is the real champagne of beers. It is fermented only
with wild airborne yeasts from the Senne Valley in Brussels and is aged
in centuries-old oak casks. It also certified organic in Belgium. A true
world classic that will thrill the true beer connoisseur.
During the late winter and early spring, the Cantillon family brewers
will match and blend one, two, and three-year old lambics to arrive at a
balanced texture and flavor. Generally, younger lambic is thinner,
livelier, and milder on the palate; the older lambic is harder, more
complex, and resoundingly sour. The beer in every cask is unique,
however, and one three-year old lambic may taste radically different
from another. There is no formula for blending, and no expectation of
consistency from year to year. Master brewer Jean-Pierre Van Roy says
merely that he hopes to achieve the same “harmony” each time.
The artfully blended lambic is bottled immediately, and another
wondrous event occurs: the mixture of lambic from several different
casks sparks a second fermentation in the bottle. This is the essence of
the méthode champenoise by which champagne is made. The end product is
called “gueuze.” A few months’ time in the bottle “conditions” the beer –
building carbonation, and concentrating and organizing the flavors.
Under proper storage conditions, fermentation in the bottle will
continue for years.
Cantillon Gueuze is given four star “World Classic” rating by Michael
Jackson, and is a five star “World Beater,” according to Tim Webb
(CAMRA Good Beer Guide to Belgium).
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.