- Home / Drayman’S Highveld Single Malt Whisky
Drayman’S Highveld Single Malt Whisky
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
Drayman’s Highveld Single Malt Whisky is the first ever Single Malt from the Highveld of South Africa. This potstill whisky is mashed, fermented, distilled and matured in a craft distillery in Silverton, Pretoria – 1600m above sea level. French Oak casks are exclusively used for the maturation. This rare combination of the casks and the high altitude have combined with the skill of the master distiller to yield a malt of exceptional complexity. Drayman’s Single Malt Whisky is made in the same way as its Scottish inspiration, albeit on a craft scale. South African whisky legislation is almost the same, which means Drayman’s whisky faces the same stringent quality controls as Scotch. Being on the highveld, the unique maturation influence of terroir was anticipated with excitement. I have a small but devoted operation where care and passion are the essential ingredients and my aim is to make premium quality whisky says Moritz Kallmeyer. I do know that in consumer perception I can never in a 100 years hope to match the legendary counterparts from Speyside or Islay. However, I am both humbled and enthusiastic about the challenge of striving to achieve “Scotch” perfection in South Africa.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.