- Home / High Plains Rye Whiskey
High Plains Rye Whiskey
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
The new High Plains Rye is bottled at 48.5% and uses whiskey from four different American distilleries: MGP in Indiana, Middle West in Ohio, Kentucky Artisan in Kentucky, and New York Distilling Co. in New York.
On the nose, it smells like a number of small production, 100% rye mash bill whiskies on the market right now, where the rye is absolutely front and center. There’s oak in the background, but it’s more akin to sticking your head in a bag of rye bread.
However, the palate deviates from that singularity and moves into a balance of sweet baking spices, toasted oak, rye grains, and a lovely sweetness from the wood. The finish is like a warm blast of all that goodness you get to revisit after every sip: cloves, brown sugar, cinnamon. The more I drink it, the more I want to keep drinking it.
Jim Rutledge was the first master distiller I met when I started in the industry, and I’ve always admired both his character and his whiskies. Hence, I have a sentimental soft spot in my heart for this release, but personal bias aside: this is a fantastic rye.
And it’s a further testament to the idea that a whiskey, when well blended, can be far greater than the sum of its parts.
-David Driscoll, Mission Sales Manager
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.