- Home / WhistlePig Double Malt Rye 18 Year Old Whiskey
WhistlePig Double Malt Rye 18 Year Old Whiskey
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
- Shipping Information
Dave Pickerell built WhistlePig in pursuit of crafting the world’s finest and most interesting Rye Whiskeys. After years of devotion to patient aging and innovative blending, we’ve turned our attention to experiments with grain – in particular, the bygone practice of malting rye. Before industrial catalysts were introduced to increase efficiency, farmer distillers would malt a small portion of their rye harvest in order to access the grain’s starch content and set off the fermentation process. Floral, earthy flavors imparted by malted rye would add nuance to the bold, peppery spice character of classic rye whiskey.
To harness these flavors for our oldest expression of WhistlePig yet, we selected a whiskey distilled from 79% rye, 15% malted rye, and 6% malted barley. These grains form a harmony that spans the flavor spectrum, at once soft and floral, rich and savory, and full of spice. Its complexity is only heightened after 18 years in the barrel.
- The recipient must be 21 years of age or above and present photo identification upon delivery. If recipient is found to be under 21 years of age, the order will be returned to us, and NO refund will be given.
- We are NOT allowed to ship to PO boxes or APO addresses. Any orders with PO box or APO address will be canceled.
- Items may be removed from original packaging to insure safe shipping.
- NOTE: This item is not eligible for return.